Main objectives of the course are to enhance awareness and understanding of standards, radiation safety good practices and leadership skills in:
- life-cycle management of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials in mining and processing of all minerals including coal, oil and gas industries
- Radiation safety in using sealed radiation sources using in the mineral processing chain
- Biological harm of NORMS and Sealed radiation sources
- Strengthen Professionals’ capacities for Radiation Protection and Safety in mining and minerals Processing and enhance best practice for handling and operations of sealed radiation sources
- Enhance Cooperation and information sharing between the Regulatory Authorities and the Licensees in Tanzania
Networking – Cornerstone for sustainable communication in Radiation protection and safety.
PHOTO: Director General Prof. Lazaro S.P. Busagala in a group photo with participants from mining sector during the official opening of the Training Course on Natural Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) and Sealed Radiation Sources in Mineral Processing Industries at the TAEC Head Quarter in Arusha, 22nd – 25th October 2018, TAEC HQ-Arusha