TANZANIA ATOMIC ENERGY COMMISSION
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FIRST ANNUAL CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITIONS ON NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS (AC&ENSTA)
DATES: 3-5 JUNE, 2020
VENUE: ARUSHA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CENTER (AICC) ARUSHA
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND EXHIBITIONS
NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Nuclear Science and Technology has various applications in various sectors including health, agriculture, water, livestock, nutrition, food security and other industries. However the public is not aware of this. This conference will act as a vehicle in promoting nuclear science and technology in Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Energy, Mining, Water, Industries, Radiation Safety Safeguard and Security Environmental Protection (Radiological).
This first AC&ENSTA will bring together researchers, academicians, innovators, entrepreneurs, inventors from the public, private sectors, policy/decision makers practitioners, users, stakeholders and professionals from the academia, nuclear providers, operators and regulators; and research industry to share, exchange ideas and network on issues related to peaceful applications of nuclear science and technology and its contribution towards industrialization and attainment of Tanzania’s National Development Vision 2025. Authors and invited speakers are invited to submit their abstracts to Nuclear Science and Technology (NST) 2020 Conference, addressing issues that serve present and future developments of the field. All papers submitted to this conference will be peer evaluated by reviewers and will appear in the conference proceedings and selected one will be published in a special issue of a journal. Acceptance will be based primarily on originality and contribution to nuclear science and technology.
The conference is expected to;
- Promote nuclear science and technology in various sectors
- Strengthen networks among the professionals in nuclear science and technology opening up future opportunities,
- Provide a platform for leading scientists and researchers in nuclear science and technology to exchange of information, their experiences and share their expert knowledge,
- Share opportunities and encourage participation in nuclear-related research, innovation, and skills development programs,
- Provide a platform for participants to learn ways of promoting the peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology for the welfare of mankind,
- Provide a platform in which the policymakers will appreciate the benefit of embracing nuclear science and technology in its development agenda,
- Develop spirit of volunteerism and establish mechanisms for youth engagement in community services,
- Broaden government and industry participation to enhance development of nuclear industry,
- Encourage private sector, emerging industrialists, entrepreneurs as beneficiaries of and contributors to strategic government initiatives and infrastructure development in the nuclear sector,
- Share national and Internationalization of activities, collaboration, and impact in nuclear science and technology.
The Conference is open to various stakeholders including the nuclear science and technology community, scientists, innovators, private sector, civil society, media, and policy and decision makers.
2. Theme: SAFE APPLICATIONS OF NUCLEAR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
There is a notable growth of the use of nuclear technology in its wide range of applications in Tanzania and there is a need to enhance the use and application of nuclear science and Technology. At national level, there is often a lack of awareness of the major contribution nuclear science and technology make to development. As a result, the full potential of peaceful nuclear science and technology is not being released. This conference will help to raise public awareness about nuclear technology, incorporating it explicitly into national development plans, and stressing its importance to all stakeholders.
3. SUB THEMES
Relevant sub themes will include but not restricted to:
i. Nuclear law including Atomic energy act and regulations
ii. Radiation protection and safety culture
iii. Nuclear safety and security
iv. Application of nuclear science and technology for social and economic development
v. Nuclear technology in health
vi. Nuclear science and technology for pests control
viii. Energy for the future
ix. Atoms for food and nutrition
x. Activation analysis
xi. Applications of research reactors
xii. Linear accelerators
xiii. Food irradiation and multipurpose irradiation processes
xiv. Environmental radiation monitoring
xv. Nuclear technology in gas, oil and mining
xvi. Best practices in mining radioactive ore
xvii. Uranium exploration, mining, production, supply and demand, economics and environmental Issues
xviii. Atoms for sustainable development
xix. Nuclear politics and economics, communication, and social acceptance
xx. Innovative approaches to the development of nuclear energy
xxi. Radioactive waste management
xxii. Best practices in radiography (diagnostic and therapy).
xxiii. Application of radiotracers
xxiv. Training, Education and Nuclear Knowledge Management.
xxv. Occupational radiation protection
xxvi. Environmental monitoring, emergency preparedness and response
xxvii. The role of IT in nuclear science and technology
xxviii. Radiation detection and measurements
xxix. Training, Education and Nuclear Knowledge Management.
xxx. Illicit trafficking of radioactive sources and nuclear materials
xxxi. Plant mutation induction and biotechnology
xxxii. Nuclear technology in industrial application
xxxiii. Application of radiation technologies in sediment transport of marine infrastructure.
Side events will provide an opportunity for showcasing participants work, sharing learning among peers; disseminate ideas and solutions within our focus areas and expanding our network of contacts. The proposed side events will be directly related to the goals, objectives and themes of the conference. Side events are open to all conference participants to attend.
4. INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS PRESENTATIONS
The official language of the conference is English. Oral presentations will be made in English. Oral presentations will be 20minutes in length including discussion and questions.
Authors wishing to present papers/posters should submit electronically abstracts not exceeding 300 words using font size Times New Roman of 12 points, to the Secretariat through conference page.
Abstracts should include: title, name (s) of the author (s) and detailed address, background, objectives, summary of research methodology, results, conclusions and key policy messages. Review papers are also accepted. The deadline for submission of abstract is 15 April 2020. Abstracts not received by this date will not be included in the book of abstracts and may not be considered for oral or poster presentation. Decision of the Organizing Committee will be communicated to authors by 30 April 2020.
All accepted presentations must be brought to the Conference on USB flash drive or emailed prior to the conference opening to email@example.com Organizers cannot guarantee connection for individual laptop computers. A technician will be on duty to assist you. Please submit your Power Point presentation to us on or before 15 May 2020.
Posters may be prepared in either English or Kiswahili. There will be special session for posters presentation but all posters will be displayed during the entire Conference period.
The conference intends to produce peer reviewed proceedings that will be registered with ISSN and thus authors wishing to submit full papers for this should do so through the conference page by 15 May 2020.
Guidelines for Authors
- Oral presentation: Projectors will be available but presenters are advised to bring their presentations in pdf format and load them in the appropriate conference room at least 3 hours before they are to present. Presentations are expected to take not more than 20 minutes in total that includes discussion and comments.
- Preparation of Manuscripts: The organizing committee requests that all authors who wish their papers to be published in the proceedings to submit the documents in a following format.
- MS Word compatible.
- Abstract, Introduction, Methodology, Discussion and Conclusions.
- Manuscript typed in double space and not exceeding 3,000 words.
- Numbered lines on all pages, including those pages for references and figure- legends, beginning with number one at the top of the page. A 2.5 cm margin on both sides of the page is desirable. The font size Times New Roman of 12 points should be used.
- Do not number the pages
- Do not use headers or footers
- Tables, plates and figures should be captioned with SI units used consistently.
- References should not be dated more than 8 years from the date of the conference, and should follow the Tanzania Journal of Science format. (https://www.ajol.info/index.php/tjs/about/submissions#authorGuidelines)
- Exhibition: Exhibition will run alongside the conference. Individuals, organizations or groups wishing to participate in exhibitions should submit summaries not exceeding 300 words on the aspect(s) to be displayed or submit the plan would like to showcase. The summary should include: the title, name(s) of exhibitors and a detailed address, background, objectives, function description, and end-use. There will be an exhibition booth with size 3m by 3m and height of 2.56m. Deadline for submitting a brief of what you will exhibit is 30 April 2020
Instructions for posters
- Posters are informal presentations featuring solutions to problems and innovative projects with lessons to share. Your topic could be described by text, graphics, photographs, illustrations etc.
- Posters must be written in English.
- The best configuration of your poster is A1 vertical (841mm x 594mm).
- Authors of accepted posters must attend the conference for the poster to be displayed and presented.
- Posters will be displayed in a designated space at the Conference venue. Display panels will be provided. Please bring your printed poster as we are unable to provide printing service.
- Display panels for posters will be ready on 22 May 2019 and all posters should be put up before 10:30 am.
- Personal laptop computers and visual display devices may be used at the poster display area. Should your presentation include a laptop or the use of other electronic devices, please inform us in advance.
- A final abstract for the poster as well as your profile will be published in the Conference programme and on the website.
- You will have the opportunity to present your poster to the audience within the conference programme: You will have two minutes for a quick intro – and to attract as much participants as possible to visit your poster at the poster exhibition.
5. VENUE AND DATES
The Conference will be held at Arusha Conference Center, Arusha from 3-5 June 2020.
6. REGISTRATION FEES
Registration fees cover costs for registration, conference package, conference bag and programme for the conference. Payment of fees should be done through “Government Electronic Payment Gateway” (GePG) through NMB or CRDB banks or through mobile transfer of M- Pesa, Tigo-Pesa, T-Pesa and Airtel Money. The company number is 888999 and Control Number (Reference Payment Number) will be issued after receiving our Government Bill. To obtain Control Number, contact us through conference secretariet email firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference web page will provide guidance options for accommodation but the organizers will NOT cater for nor arrange travel and accommodation logistics for participants. Registration fees can be paid on site Deadline for registration is 15 May 2020.
|2. PhD students||80,000||40|
|3. Students(Masters and below)||50,000||25|
|6. Advertisements||100,000 and 200,000 for half and full page||50 and 100|
1. IMPORTANT DATES
|Announcement and call for abstracts||1st June , 2019|
|Deadline submission for paper and Posters abstracts||15 April, 2020|
|Decision of the Organizing Committee will be communicated to authors by||30 April, 2020|
|Deadline for submitting a brief of what you will exhibit||30 April, 2020|
|Deadline for submission of full papers||15 May, 2020|
|Registration deadline||15 May, 2020|
|Power Point presentation submission on or before||20 May 2020|
|Conference dates||3-5 June 2020|
2. CONFERENCE SPONSORS
- The sponsor may provide a free standing banner which will be positioned at the entrance to the conference dinner venue, and conference room.
- The sponsor will be provided with an exhibition booth.
- There will be an opportunity for the sponsors’ representative to give a ten (10) minutes speech each during the key note speech, and dinner.
- The sponsor’s logo will be printed on all conference programs, menus and tickets.
- Complimentary registration will be provided five (5) participants from your organization.
- Organization / company logo will be placed in the conference literature portal (with hyperlink) and conference signage.
- Sponsors will have a chance for limited posters or oral presentations on topics relevant to the theme of the conference.
3. CONFERENCE CONTACT ADDRESS
TAEC, TANZANIA, Websites: https://www.taec.go.tz